Window 10 is the latest version of Windows provided by Microsoft for the benefit of the user. But sometimes users face issues when they work on Window 10. Hence, in this blog you will read the solution of Window 10 search not working issue. If the customers need help, then they can contact to the customer care of Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.
Solution To Fix Window 10 Search Not Working Issue – office.com/setup
1. Run Windows Troubleshooter: First, navigate to the start button and then just click on the Control Panel. After this, you should change the view to “Large icons” or “Small icons” by clicking on Troubleshooting and then choose System and Security and then you have to select Search and Indexing. Now, you have to click on the “Next” option in the troubleshooter, and then just check the box which applies to your errors. At the end, you should click on Next option to run the scan, this will fix the problem.
2. Turn Cortana off and On again: You should right-click on the taskbar and then from the drop down list, you should select Task Manager.Now in the Task Manager tab, just look at the expanded options and then select the Processes tab. After this, you should select More Details option. Then, you should arrange the processes by Name just by selecting the appropriate tab. Here, just scroll down by using the list till you find the Cortana process. At the end, you have to right-click on Cortana and then click on End task from the menu.
3. Use System File Checker: You require clicking on the start menu and then go to the search bar and just type command prompt. After this, you should right click on the Command Prompt and then you have to click on Run as administrator. Then in the command prompt, you should enter: sfc /scannow. Now, this command will start running and it will scan your computer system files for any corruptions.
4. Verify Search Service is Running: You need to press Win+R key together and this will bring up the Run window. After this, you should type “Services.msc” and press on Enter key. You will see the Services window displays on your screen, just scroll down the list of services and go to Windows Search. If this service is running, then you should right-click on it and after this, select Restart. In case, you want the service automatically runs when your Windows starts, then you should right-click it again. Now, you have to select Properties. Here from the General tab, go to the drop-down menu with Startup type. And then you should select Automatic option.
5. Rebuild Windows 10 Search Index Option: You have to go to the Control Panel and in the View option which is in the top-right; you should select Large Icon from the drop-down menu. Now from the main menu icons, you should select Index Option.After this, you should click on the Advanced button. If it asks, then you should give administrator approval to continue.At last, you should select Rebuild and then click on OK button. Remember, the rebuilding procedure will take some minutes to finish.
The above method will help you to solve Window 10 search not working issue. In case, the user need assistance then you should contact to the customer care of Microsoft through www.office.com/setup.