If you are using the Keyboard shortcuts, then you can perform the edits or operations on your computer faster. If you are using these shortcuts then you don’t have to depend upon the mouse. These shortcuts will help you to edit or navigating to the slides during PowerPoint presentation. In this blog, you will read about the PowerPoint shortcuts keys. For details about PowerPoint application, just visit to the site via www.office.com/setup.
PowerPoint Shortcut and Hotkeys: Office.com/setup
- New Slide Shortcut: If the user wants to add a new slide to a PowerPoint presentation, then they can press Ctrl + M key altogether. This shortcut helps to inserts a new slide in your Presentation based on the layout of the slide which you are currently using.
- Start the Slideshow (Hotkey): If you want to start the presentation, then you should press on F5 in your keyboard. This will help to open the slides from the beginning or it will open the first slide of your presentation.
- Save Your Presentation: If you want to quickly save your presentation, then you should press Ctrl + S key from your keyboard. If you do not want to lose your precious presentation in which you have made the latest changes then you should constantly save your presentation by pressing the Ctrl + S button.
- Shortcut to Undo the Previous Edit: This shortcut is the greatest rescuer for the most terrible accidents, you just have to press Ctrl + Z key. This will bring back the changes which you have done previously. In case, you mistakenly deleted a particular slide or picture in the slide, then you can immediately get them back by pressing Ctrl + Z option.
- Open New Presentation: If the user wants to begin a new presentation, then you should press Ctrl + N altogether. Through this way, you can start the new presentation.
- Move to Slide Up and Down: If you want to move your slide up or down, then you should press Ctrl+ UP arrow or Ctrl + Down arrow. If in case, the slides are represented are not proper, then you should use the Ctrl button and then just press the up or down button to realign the slides.
- Select All Objects: If you want to choose all the texts and objects in the presentation, then you should use the Ctrl + A button. If in case, you want to deselect one or two objects, then you can press the Ctrl button and then just click on the particular object.
- Insert a Hyperlink: If the user want to give a link to the website, then you should use Ctrl + K key. This shortcut will help you to link a particular text, a website or another file or presentation then you can use this feature.
- Turn on or Turn off the Gridlines for Better Alignment: If the user wants to enable or disable Gridlines, then you should press Shift + F9 key. With this shortcut, you can use the grid lines in the presentation which will help you to align the objects properly throughout the presentation.
- Increase or Decrease the Font Size: If the user wants to quickly adjust the font size, then they should select the object and then hold the Ctrl+Shift and just use “<” or the “>” symbol. You should click the greater or lesser button multiple times till you get the proper font size.
For more details about PowerPoint Shortcut, then just go to the site of MS Office through www.office.com/setup.