Microsoft OneNote is the great application of MS Office and it is the digital version of a physical notebook. People use it to just to organize their digital notes. In this, you can add images, diagrams, audio, and video related to the content. You can also use OneNote with other programs in the MS Office suite. This application can be used on your desktop, laptop, Window OS or mobile devices. User can enjoy this application by installing MS Office software in their devices through office.com/setup. In this blog, you will learn the tips for using MS OneNote for beginners.
Tips For Using MS OneNote For Beginners – Www.office.com/setup
- Create a Notebook: To create a notebook, on any page, you have to select the Show Notebooks button. Then on the bottom of the page, you have to select Add Notebook or + Notebook. After this, you have to enter a name for the new notebook, and then you have to select Create Notebook.
- Add or Move Notebook Page: To add a page in your notebook, you have to select the Add Page button which is located at the bottom of the left side of the screen. If you want to move a page from one section to another, then you have to drag the title of the page to the section where you want.
- Type or Write Notes: You should enter the notes by typing or handwriting with a digital stylus. You can also use your voice to embed a sound file or snap a photo of text and then just convert it to editable or digital text.
- Create Sections: You should create sections for better organization. And to create a section, you should select +Add Section or +Section which is situated at the bottom of the sections list located on the left side of the window.
- Tag and Prioritize Notes: For this, you should select any line of text. Then you have to select the To Do tag just to add a check box to the line. After this, you have to select the arrow next to the To Do icon just to choose another tag, like Important, Question, or Remember for Later.
- Add Images, Documents, Audio, Video, and Related Content: You can add images, documents, audio, video to your notes as this can be useful for your own reference or it will also helpful to convey your ideas to others when you are sharing and collaborating in OneNote. For this, you have to go to the Insert tab just to add files and objects.
- Delete or Recover Notes: When you delete your notes, you should always be careful. If in case, you delete the notes by mistake, then you can be able to recover it.
- Use the OneNote Mobile App: You can use OneNote with mobile apps which is made for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone. In fact, you can use Microsoft’s free online version, but for this, you should have a free Microsoft account.
- Sync Notes Among Multiple Devices: You must know that OneNote automatically syncs your notes. But, you can sync notebooks manually also. For this, you have to select the Navigation button which is in the upper-left side of the window. Then you should select the arrow which is next to the name of the current notebook. Now, you have to right-click the notebook which you want to sync. After this, you should select Sync option and then choose Sync This Notebook or Sync All Notebooks.
The above mentioned tips will be very beneficial for the beginners. For more information about MS OneNote, just go to the site via www.office.com/setup.