If the user doesn’t want anybody to make changes in their Excel workbook then they must read this blog. And for more details, the user can visit to the site of MS Office via www.office.com/setup.
Method To Protect Excel Workbook From Editing:
1. Protect Excel File From Editing:
If you want protect Excel file from editing by another user, then you should “Mark As Final” Excel option.
- To apply Mark As Final option, you should open the Excel file in which you wish to apply this option.
- After this, you should tap on file and then choose Info and then select Protect Workbook and then tap on Mark as Final options.
- At last, you should click on Ok button in order to save and apply the changes.
2. Protect Excel Workbook From Editing:
If the user wants to protect Excel workbook from editing, then you should have two options. One option is Encrypt your Excel Workbook with the Password and another option is Making your workbook read-only.
Encrypt Excel Workbook With A Password:
- For this, you should open your Excel file and then hit on the File and after this, just select info and then select Protect Workbook.
- Now from the drop-down options, you have to select “Encrypt with Password” option.
- Then in the opened window of Encrypt Document, you need to enter the password and then tap on ok button.
- And for the password confirmation, you must re- enter the password and then hit on the OK option.
- If the user wants to check that your Excel workbook gets encrypted properly then they have to close their opened workbook and again you have to re-open it.
Make A Workbook Read-Only:
- First, open your Excel workbook which you want to make it read-only.
- After this, you need to visit to the file and then select info and then tap on Protect Workbook.
- Here from the drop-down options, you need to select the option “always open read only”.
- If you apply this feature, then anyone tries to open the Excel file, then they will get the warning that the file is opened in read-only mode. For more info: click here
3. Protect Excel Worksheet From Editing:
1. If the user wants to Protect Excel Worksheet From Editing, then from the Excel ribbon you need to tap on the “Review” tab.
2. Now from the changes group, you need to tap on the “Protect Sheet.”
3. At this point, you have to assign the password if you want to unlock your Excel sheet in the future.
4. Here, you have to enter the password for confirmation and then tap on Ok button.
5. Then, just select the permissions from the listed option of “allow all users of this worksheet to” and then hit on ok button.
6. If the user wants to remove the protection, then visit to the “Review” tab and then hit on the “Unprotect Sheet” button.
7. Now, just enter the password and then hit the “OK” button.
8. At this point, your sheet is unprotected and the user can apply the protection again if they need it.
This is the quick way to protect your Excel Workbook from Editing. If the customer needs help, then for details they can visit www.office.com/setup.