If the user find issues while signing in to Window 10, then they should follow the below methods to fix this issue. For assistance, the user can go to MS Account via Www.office.com/myaccount.
Method to Troubleshoot Issues While Signing In to Window 10:
1. Restart Your Device:
If you find the updates are available, then you should choose Power and then hit on Update. At last, restart your device and then finish installing updates.
2. Check Your Internet Connection:
First, check you’re connected to the internet just by choosing Network option which is present on the lock screen of your device. In case, you face issues while connecting to Wi-Fi, then try to connect your device directly to the router with an Ethernet cable.
If you still face connectivity problems, then check your internet connection by using a different device.
3. Check Your Password:
1. First, you should type your password by using the on-screen keyboard. After this, you should choose Accessibility and then tap On-screen keyboard and then choose the keys in order to type your password.
2. You should check Caps Lock is off.
3. The user should make sure that you’re entering the right information like a password in the Password field and a PIN in the PIN field. But if the user is using a Microsoft account via office.com/myaccount, then they can switch between entering a PIN and a password just by choosing Sign-in options.
4. In case, the user use more than one keyboard layout, then check that the keyboard language which you’re using is selected. In order to check your keyboard layout, you should choose the input method.
5. If the user has changed the password, then enter your previous password again. In case, your previous password works, then you should lock your device and then just unlock it by using your new password.
6. The user should test their password by using other device by sign in to office.com/myaccount. In case, your password works, but MS account shows that your account is locked, then you have to resolve the issue.
7. Before you type your password or PIN, you should select Reveal. With this, the user can double-check if they are typing the right password or PIN before they enter it.
4. Reset Your Password:
If the user have a Microsoft account:
- In the sign-in screen, you should type your MS account name if in case, it’s not shows. If you find multiple accounts on the PC, then select the one to reset.
- After this, you should choose I forgot my password just below the password text box.
- Then, on the Recover your account screen, you need to type the characters which appear in the box, and then choose Next.
- Here in the Verify your identity screen, you should select to receive your security code via text or email message. In case, you select text, then type the last four digits of your phone number, and choose Send code.
- If you get the code as a text on a separate device, then enter it and choose Next.
- In the Reset your password screen, you should create a new password and click on Next. It will set your new password. You should choose Next again in order to return to the sign-in screen.
- At last, you should Sign in with your new MS account password.
Through this way, the user can fix issues while signing in to Window 10. For help, visit to office.com/myaccount.