Mac computer has two productivity tools, one is Finder and the other is Dock. These tools help you to find and open the application, files and folders which you use. In this blog, you will read how you can add favorites on Mac device. For more information, you should visit to the site of Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.
Method To Add Favorites on Mac:
1. Add Favorites to Mac Finder:
- First, you should tap on Finder in the Dock.
- After this, you have to find the application, file or folder which you wish to add in the list of files.
- Then, you have to tap on the item in the list and just drag it to the Favorites section of the Finder sidebar. Now, a red line displays the location of the item.
- When the item in the correct location, then you should release the item from the mouse.
- But if you want to delete an item from the Favorites panel, then just drag it away.
2. Add Favorites to Dock:
Add Apps to Dock on your Mac:
- You should tap on Launch pad in the dock.
- Then, you need to select an application in the dock.
- The icons in the dock make room for the app. Here, you should drag the icon which you want to have on the dock.
- If you put the app in the specific position, then it is added to the Dock.
Add a Website to Mac Dock:
- You should open the web page in any browser like Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
- Then, you should highlight the URL in the browser address bar.
- After this, you should drag the small icon which is located on the left of the URL to the dock and then position it left of the Trash icon.
- Now, you should release the mouse to add the web page icon to the Dock.
- At last, you should tap on the web page icon in the Dock in order to launch that page. For help, tap on office.com/setup.
Add Files or Folders to the Dock:
- You should launch Finder and locate the file which you want to save.
- Then, you should drag the file to the dock and just drop it to the left of the trash icon.
- At last, you should click on the icon just to open the application and the folder.
Delete Items in the Dock:
- You should click on icon which you want to remove.
- After this, you should drag the icon up to the middle of the screen.
- Now, the word “Remove” displays on the screen.
- At last, you should release the mouse and then the icon is removed from the Dock.
Change Location of the Dock:
- You should right-click on the vertical line on the Dock which is located next to the Trash icon.
- Then, you should tap on Dock preferences in the pop-up menu which displays on the screen.
- At last, a new window opens up on your screen which gives you the option to change the position of the Dock, the Dock’s size and the Genie effect.
To know more, just visit to the site of Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.