It is very essential that the Microsoft users keep their MS Account safe and secure because, today many services ask for your email ID. To know more about MS Account visit to office.com/myaccount. In this blog, you will read the method to keep your account safe and secure.
Method To Keep Your MS Account Safe and Secure:
1. Create Strong Password for your MS Account:
The user should use a strong password for Microsoft email address. Now, there are many services that use your email address in order to check your identity. So, if somebody gets the access of your MS account, then they can use your email to reset the passwords for your other accounts such as banking etc.
- For this, you should change your password for the Security basics.
- You should make the new password, different from previous passwords.
- Keep in mind never use the similar password for different accounts.
- You should use sentence or phrases and then convert it into string of character, numbers, and symbols.
- Remember do not uses a single word for your password.
- You should make your password, which is hard to guess.
- Never use common passwords.
2. Use MS Authenticator Phone App to Sign in Your Account without Password:
The MS Authenticator phone app gives security layer to your MS account and you can sign in to your MS account from your phone without using a password. For this, you should download the phone app.
3. Make Your MS Account Easier to Recover:
The user should add security info to your account and this will make it easier to recover your account if it gets hacked. This info will keep your account safe and just keep it up to date. The user should update their security info on the Security basics page.
4. Ensure Your OS has Latest Updates:
Generally, operating systems provide free software updates to improve the security and performance of your device. These updates keep your mobile and computer safe. You should set up automatic updates to your device, so that you get updates automatically.
5. Do Not Reply To Emails Which Ask for Password:
Keep in mind Microsoft will not ask for your password in email, hence you should not reply to any email which asks for your personal information.
6. Verify Your Recent Activity:
In case, you get an email which notifies you of unusual activity, then you should check when and where your MS account has been accessed.
7. Keep the Device Safe:
In case, the user lose a device which they use to sign in to their MS account, or if you find somebody has access your devices then you should remove the trusted status from your devices.
In order to remove trusted devices, you should visit to the Security basics page, and then choose more security options. Lastly, scroll down to Trusted Devices and then just choose Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account.
By following this method, the user can keep their MS Account safe and secure. For info about MS Account, go to office.com/myaccount.