Microsoft Office is one of the best software suites that help you through all your work from preparing word document, creating PowerPoint presentation, and handling data in excel sheet, MS office suite offers you everything. It is important that you renew to the latest and current version of MS office suite from www.office.com/setup. MS Office Suite includes Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, MS Visio, MS Access, Outlook Express, Outlook Email Setup, Microsoft Outlook, MS OneNote and many more applications.
To transfer the data from MS Access to SQL Server database,
- First, you must have to ensure that you have SQL Server or SQL Server Express setup on your device. Ensure that you are downloading version with Advanced Service of SQL Server Express. When you have installed SQL Server accurately, just follow some below steps to migrate the database into the database in SQL Server.
- Now start SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the database server to which you have to transfer your Access database into. Below Database, select the new database by right-clicking. But if you have already some database there and you only need to transfer only some of the tables from Access then don’t do this step, directly jump to the import data step. Simply do the right-click on the available database instead of creating the new one.
- If you are generating a new database, then assign it a name and modify the settings if you don’t want default settings.
- Right-click on the newly created database and select Task > Import data
- Now in the new window of Choose a Data Source, choose Microsoft Access (Microsoft Jet Database Engine) in the drop-down menu.
- In File name box, browse the Access database you want to transfer.
NOTE: Database cannot be in Access 2007 or above format (ACCDB) because SQL Server does not know it so you have to convert the Database to 2002-2003 Database formats (MDB) from 2007 to 2016 format. You can simply do it by save as option.
- Now press on Next to pick the target. As we have right-clicked on the database we needed to send the data into, it must be selected on the list. But if not, choose SQL Native Client from the Destination drop-down list.
- Now we can see the Database below Server Name and then we can able to determine the particular database at the base once you choose your way of authentication.
- Now press on next and then define how you need to transfer the data from Access to SQL by selecting any of the 2 options.
- If you need to transfer all the tables or couple of the tables from the Access database without any data manipulation, prefer the first option. If you want to transfer only some rows and columns of the data table, then pick the other option and write a SQL query.
- Press on Next button and you’ll show the Run Package window where Run Immediately should be ticked. And press next and then finish.
- After the completion of data transfer process, you can show the number of rows shifted for each table in the Message column. Now close it.
- And then you have your database in SQL Server.
Are there any problems sending your data from Access to SQL Server? If yes, then contact the MS Office setup support team online office.com/setup.
MS Office support team can support you with detecting errors, troubleshooting, installing, re-installing or uninstalling software, update suite, modify system settings or device settings, and any other issues. MS Office support team has a squad of very experienced and dedicated specialists who give unlimited support and services. Just call, email or chat using the chat window with MS Office team online office.com/setup.