Microsoft Office is the well-known software which is used in all the organizations. This software is used for scheduling meetings, conference, creating text documents, for making presentation, formatting, and editing etc. You can this software through office.com/setup. All the students and employees are using this software as this software makes the work easier and convenient. But user faces some problem like Microsoft office error code 3-1 while installing and updating this software.
Resolve Microsoft Office Error Code 3-1:
- Disable Window Firewall: For this first you have to go to start option and then open “control panel”. Then you have to go to “system and security” option and then go to “Windows Firewall”. After this, you have to click on “turn windows firewall On or Off”. Now just select the option Turn Off firewall for both private and public network. Just check whether the error is fixed or not.
- Disable Antivirus: For disabling the antivirus you have to open Antivirus application which is installed on your device. Now just you have to click on settings and then go to real time protection. You have to Turn Off real time protection. Then go to Antivirus firewall and Turn off Antivirus firewall. Here just you have to click on Yes or OK button.
- SFC Scan: First you have to open the command prompt in administrative privileges. Now just type the command “ sfc /scannow “ and then you have to click enter key. You will see the scan will begin automatically. It is advised that you do not close the command prompt until the scan is finished. At the end, just check the error still persists or not.
- Repair Registry Keys: For repairing Registry Keys you have to open registry editor. Then you have to delete the older registry key which blocks the installation of latest version. Now you have to go the below keys and delete it.
Now you have to change the DWORD values in below keys from 0 to 1-LicenseServers, LicenseServerRedirection, AutoExpandDLsEnable and PassportAuthProvider
- Remove Office Suite: First you have to open control panel and then click on uninstall programs and features. Now you have to search for Microsoft Office in the list. Here just select Microsoft Office and then you have to click on uninstall option. When the un installation process completes, try to install the MS Office.
- Install MS Office: First you have to open Office My Account. Then you have to login to Office account using your registered email ID and password. Now you have to click on install Option which is under the Office product in your account. Now just save the installer setup and run it. When the installation completes, you have to reboot the computer. At the end, click on finish button when the installation process completes.
For more details, you have to visit to the official website of MS Office through www.office.com/setup.