The user can face this network resource unavailable error with any of the app on the computer. To solve this issue, the user must update the network driver. For more troubleshooting ways, the user must read this blog. For support, user can contact to the customer care of Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.
Method To Troubleshoot Network Resource Unavailable Error: Office.com/setup
- Update Network Drivers: Outdated network drivers may result in connection errors. So, Driver updates will help to fix bugs, communication issues and gives new features. This will also increase the stability of your computer system. Hence, you should download the latest drivers or keep your drivers up to date. You can also use the DriverFix tool, for scanning your system.
- Remove Leftover Registry Entries: Normally, applications add new values to your registry when the user installs them. But when you remove those applications, their registry values still remain on the PC and cause the errors like Network resource unavailable. To fix this problem, you should remove those entries from the registry. For this, you can use a third-party tool – IObit Uninstaller. With this IObit tool, you can remove all the unwanted apps or programs. Now, you should press the Uninstall button and just wait for the process to complete.
- Check Windows Installer Service: You should press Windows + R key altogether and then enter services.msc in the box. After this, you should press Enter or click on OK button. Now, you should locate Windows Installer and then double click on it. Then, you should set Startup Type to Manual or Automatic. And then check the service is running. If it is not running, then click on the Start button in order to start it. At last, you should click on Apply and press OK button to save the changes.
- Download Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter: You should download the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter tool for fixing the Network resource unavailable error. This tool will fix the corrupt registry files or registry keys and also fix many problems which stop new applications from getting installed.
- Modify Installed Applications: For this, first you should open Programs and Features. After this, you should select the application which you need repair. Then, you should select Change or Repair option from the menu which is located on the top of the screen. At the end, just follow the on screen instructions to finish the procedure.
- Use Command Prompt in a Virtual Environment: You should Start your virtual machine. Then, click on Virtual Machine from the menu located on the top and then select Install / Reinstall VMware Tools. When the drive is mounted, then you should open Command Prompt in the virtual machine. Now in Command Prompt, go to your DVD drive and enter setup /c or setup64 /c according to your operating system. You should use File Explorer in the virtual machine and then go to your virtual DVD drive and again install VMware Tools.
The above method will help you to troubleshoot Network Resource Unavailable error. If the user need help or support, then contact Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.