Microsoft Office has now become the Universal software as you can now access your valuable data of MS Office anytime anywhere. You can store your documents and files in cloud online. It provide user friendly interface and gives you many application like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook etc. You can install this amazing software through www.office.com/setup. It is used for both home and office purpose. In this blog, you will read the reason and solution of the MS Office error code 3029-4.
This MS Office error code occur due to incomplete installation, proxy setting and internet connection bocks the installation process, due to the previous version of Office interrupts installation and antivirus and firewall also blocks the installation.
Solution to Fix Microsoft Office error code 3029-4:
1. Disable Firewall and Antivirus: For this, first you have to go to Start button and then open “control panel” option. Now, you have to go to the system and security option. Then, you have to select Windows Firewall. Here you will see the option turn windows firewall on or off. Now you have to Turn Off firewall for both private and public network. At last, try to install or update MS Office.
First go to the Start menu and then open the antivirus which is installed on your computer. Then, you have to go to the settings and then go to real-time protection. Here you have to Turn it off. Then go to the Antivirus firewall and just you have to Turn off Antivirus firewall. If it prompts for the confirmation then you have to click on Yes or Ok button. After this, again you have to try to install Microsoft Office.
2. SFC Scan: For this, first you have to open command prompt in administrative privileges. Then you have to type SFC /scannow and hit enter key. Here you will see the scan will begin automatically. It is recommended that till the scan complete; do not close the command prompt. At last, try to install or update Microsoft Office.
3. Remove and Reinstall the Microsoft Office: First, go to the control panel option and then open it. Now, you have to click on programs and features. Here you have to search for Microsoft Office in the list. When you find it then click on uninstall option. At last, try to install Microsoft Office.
Install Microsoft Office:
For this, go to the My office account and then just login by using your ID and password. Then you have to click on the install option. Now just Save the installer setup and run it when you download it. At last, click on the finish button.
4. Fix MS Office error code 3029-4: First just close the Office installation setup and then retry again. If you are still facing error then check the registry keys of Microsoft Office. Now go to Windows update center and then check for updates. After this, just clicks on Windows key and then you have to type Windows update. Now you have to click on check update button and then wait so that it updates your system. When the PC gets updated, then you have to install the update. After this, restart your PC and don’t turn off your computer when your PC is updating and installing. At last, check the error is fixed or not.
5. Turn off the Proxy Settings: In case, you are using LAN or wired connection for internet then you must turn off your proxy settings when you are installing MS Office. For this, you have to go to Start option and then select Settings option. After this, you have to choose Network and Internet option. Now you have to click on Proxy and then just turn off the automatic proxy settings.
If you still have issues then visit to the site of MS Office through www.office.com/setup.