Microsoft Office is the popular productivity suite which has various applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook etc which makes the work of the computer user easy. You can install this useful application of MS Office through office.com/setup. It provide cloud storage so that you can access its application anywhere anytime from any device. It offers updates regularly to give more protection and features for your device. Hence,
Tips to Stop Automatic Updates on Windows 10 – Www.office.com/setup
1. Disable the Windows Update Service:
1. First, you should click on the Start option and then you should open Run option.
2. After this, in the Run search bar you should type in “services.msc” and just tap on Enter key.
3. Then, from the service list you should select the Windows Update service.
4. Now, you should click on the “General” tab and then just modify the “Startup Type” to “Disabled”.
5. At last, you need to restart your computer system.
2. Configure a Metered Connection:
In case, you have wireless connection to connect with your computer, then you should go for setting up a metered connection. Because in this, the bandwidth is maintained just by downloading and installing primary updates.
- First, you should open the Windows Settings application by pressing Win+I key at same time.
- Then, you should click on the ‘Network and Internet’ section.
- Now, you should open ‘Wi-Fi’ network and then you have to click on ‘Manage known networks’.
- At last, you should select the network and then click on the ‘Properties ‘option and just toggle the ‘Set as metered connection’ option to ‘On’.
3. Group Policy Editor:
If you are selecting this option, then you should make changes to your Group Policy Editor so that before installing updates, they informed you about available updates and you update according to your requirement.
- First, you should open the Run command and then just type in “gpedit.msc” and tap on Enter key just to open the group policy editor.
- Then, you should scroll down through “Computer Configuration” to “Administrative Templates.
- After this, you should select the “Windows Components” and then you have to select “Windows Update”.
- Here, you should select the option to right “Configure Automatic Updates.
- After this, you should select the option which shows you “Notify for download and auto-install”.
- Then, you should click on “Apply” button and then just tap on “OK” option.
- Now, you should type “Windows Update” in the Start menu and then you have to click on “Windows Update Settings.”
- At this point, you need to restart your PC.
- At the end, you should check for updates. In case, if the updates are available then you will be informed by Windows but updates will not automatically installed in your PC.
The above method will help to stop Automatic Updates on Window 10. But if in case, you need any kind of assistance then you can contact to the customer care executive of MS Office through office.com/setup. The executives are available all the time for user.