There are many who are searching to change the child’s password in Microsoft Family. For this, you can reset the password by using the setting of your computer or you can also change the email of a kid just by using the MS games. In this blog, you will read the method to change child password in Microsoft family. For more details about Microsoft family, go to www.office.com/setup.
Method To Change Child Password In Microsoft Family:
- Reset Password: First, you need to hit on forgot password with their Microsoft Account or the user should visit to the official password reset page. Then, you need to type the email address which you wish to change the password. Here, you need to choose which option you want to send the verification code to phone number or to recovery email. Now, you should tap on Next option. At this point, you should retype first part of the email address or just the last four digits of the phone number, according to what you have selected in the earlier window. Next, you need to select Get code. At the end, you should enter the code and then reset the password.
- Recover Account: First, you need to check that you have a working email address. After this, you should visit to the official account recovery page. Then, you should fill the form. Here, the Microsoft will look at your answers and then just respond in 24 hours.
- Use Command Prompt: You should visit to the Search bar, and then just type command prompt. After this, you need to select Run as administrator. Now, you have to input the command: net user username newpassword,
in which the username is the account of a person you want to change the password and the newpassword is basically the new password for the account. If the user finds that username is more than one word, then you should place it just in the quotes. Now, you need to hit on Enter key to run the command. At this point, you will look at a message which shows the command completed successfully. At the end, you have to use the new password in order to log into the account. For more info, you should go to office.com/myaccount.
- Use Control Panel: For this, you should navigate to Search box and then you should write Control Panel. Now, you should visit to User Accounts. Then, you need to choose Manage another account. Here, you need to choose the User Account for which the users wish to change the password. After this, you should tap on Change the password. When you’ve finished the boxes, then you should hit on Change password button. At last, you should use the new password in order to log into the account.
- Additional Solutions: For this, you should reset the password by using the Microsoft games. But if in case, your child doesn’t play a game with his MS account, then you should first need to download a game on your device and just select forgot password option. After this, you should input the email address so that Microsoft sends the security code and from here, you can change his password. If incase, the above solution do not work then you should create a new account. For this, you should delete the whole family account or the child account and then you should create a new account.
For more details about Microsoft Family, you should go to the Microsoft via www.office.com/setup.