If you are the existing Microsoft user, but for some reason you no longer require the Microsoft Account. Then, you can easily close the account by following the below method. For help, go to Microsoft via office.com/myaccount. In this blog, you will read the method to close MS Account.
Method To Close Your Microsoft Account:
If the user closes a Microsoft account, then Microsoft will make sure of two things:
- You are trying to close your account, not somebody else.
- After closing the account, the user does not leave anything important.
1. Before You Close your Account:
If you close your Microsoft account, then you cannot be able to sign in to the Microsoft products and use any services. It will remove all the services linked with your account such as Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, and MSN email accounts, OneDrive files, Xbox Live data and GamerTag, Skype ID and contacts, NuGet.org account, Account balance and unused Reward points. Keep in mind the user can not remove one of the services and keep others.
Hence, before you close your account you should cancel subscriptions, and ensure you do not leave anything important such as files, money, or emails.
2. Use Money in your Account:
You should use the money in your Microsoft account by purchasing digital content from MS Store. If you want to check how much money is there in your MS account, then sign in to MS account website. The user should also check their Skype account balance and use the unused credits.
3. Cancel Subscription Linked With your Account:
The user should cancel their Microsoft subscriptions. For this, first they have to Sign in to Services & subscriptions on the MS account website. For paid subscription, the user should visit to the subscription which they wish to cancel and then choose Payment & billing which display under subscription which they wish to cancel. At last, just choose Cancel option and follow the instructions provided on the screen.
4. Let Everybody Know that your MS Account is Closed:
The user can set up an automatic reply for everyone, so that they came to know that your account is closed.
- For this, first you have to Sign in to your Outlook.com inbox. Now, you should choose the Options icon and then choose Options.
- Here under Managing your account, you have to choose Sending automated vacation replies and then just follow the instructions.
The user can select Email forwarding just under Managing your account, so that you receive email on different email address. Keep in mind both automatic replies and email forwarding will work for only 60 days after you close your MS account.
5. Save your Important Files and Data:
If the user has any file or information linked with their closed account, then they should save a copy of that file. Like, document, email, photos which you saved in Outlook.com, Hotmail, or OneDrive, Purchasing information which is saved at Microsoft.com and the data on MSN Money.
6. Method To Close your MS Account:
- For this, you should go to Close your account.
- Then, sign in to your account and then double-check the account which you wish to delete.
- Now, just check the page which shows the correct MS account, and then choose Next option.
- Here, you should read the list and then choose the checkboxes to show that you’ve read each item. After this, you have to choose the reason for closing the account.
- At last, you should choose Mark account for closure.
With this above method, the user can close MS Account. For more help, the user can visit to the site of Microsoft via office.com/myaccount.
Also Visit Here :- How to Change Email Address or Phone Number for MS Account?