Microsoft Office is well known software which has useful applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook etc. People generally use MS Word and MS Excel on a regular basis, but if you want your work to be done quickly and easier way then you have to learn all the different shortcuts which will be helpful in your day to day life. This will speed up things and also save you valuable time. You can install MS Office through www.office.com/setup. In this blog, you will learn how to insert tick or cross symbol in MS Word and Excel. This software support devices like Window OS, Mac, Computers, Laptops and Android Phones. It is useful in homes as well as in offices. It is easy to use and offer you user friendly interface.
How you Can Insert Tick or Cross Symbol in MS Word and Excel?
- Copy And Paste Tick or Cross Symbol: First you have to insert a tick symbol in Word document is very simple. For this, you have to copy the symbol (tick or a cross) from here ✓ ✔ ☑ ✅ ✕ ✖ ✗ ✘ ☒ ☓. And then just you have to paste it to the MS Word document where you want the tick/cross symbol. To Copy, you have to highlight the tick symbol and then you have to press Ctrl + C key. Now, to paste it on the document, you just have to select where you want the symbol and then press Ctrl + V key.
- Insert Tick/ Checkmark Symbol Using Wingding 2/Webdings Fonts: You can use another method to insert tick /checkmark or cross symbol in Word or Excel. The other method is the “Wingdings 2” font or the “Webdings” font. From the drop down menu, you can select the font. When you select the Wingdings 2 or Webdings font, you can use the shortcut keys (Shift + P, R, O, Q, S, V, T, U, V) just to insert the Tick/Checkmark symbol in Word or Excel.
- Insert Tick/ Checkmark Symbol with Symbol Command: To use Symbol Command, it is important to install MS Excel on your PC. For this, first you have to open Excel or Word document. Then you have to click on “Insert” menu. After this, you have to click on “Symbols “options. When the Symbols box opens, you have to change the font to “Wingdings”. Now you have to scroll down to bottom. And then you have to select the tick mark or cross symbol. At the end, just click on “Insert” option.
- Insert Tick/Checkmark Symbol Using Character Map: For this, first you have to go to “Start” menu. Then you have to search “Character Map”. After this, you have to open “Character Map” and then you have to select the “Wingdings” font.Now you have to scroll to bottom and then just click on tick symbol or cross symbol. Then you have to click on “Copy” option.After this, you have to go to Excel or Word where you want to insert the tick mark / cross symbol. Now you have to click on the location where tick mark / cross. After this, you have to change the font to “Wingdings” option. To paste, you have to press Ctrl + V to copy the symbol.
- Insert Tick/Cross Symbol by Using Character Code: You can insert four different tick marks. For this, first you have to change font to “Wingdings”. Now you have to click on the location where you want to insert the tick mark. After this, you have to press Alt and then just enter any one of the following combination.
ALT + 0252
ALT + 0254
ALT + 0251
ALT + 0253
Now you have to change the font to Wingdings before the character code is entered. At the end, you can change the font back to the desired appearance.
This method will help you to insert Tick or Cross Symbol in MS Word or Excel. For assistance, you can visit to the site of MS Office via office.com/setup.