Microsoft Office is the software which is used in our daily lives that is why it becomes the major player. It provides its user all the facilities which no other software can provide. It includes apps like MS Word for creating text document, MS Outlook for sending and receiving emails, MS Excel for creating spreadsheets and MS PowerPoint for making presentation etc. You can install this software through www.office.com/setup. In this blog, you will learn how to fix this error code in Window 10.
Resolve Window 10 Error Code 0xc0000185:
- Repair Your Computer Through Installation Media: First start your device then insert the Windows 10 Installation Media into the CD or DVD ROM. Then you have to reboot your operating system. Now you will get black screen that says: “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” here you have to press any button on the keyboard. You will get the next screen, here just set the correct time and keyboard type. Now just select the “Repair your computer”. You will see “Choose an Option” window. In this window, you have to select the “Troubleshoot” feature. After this, select the “Advanced Options” feature and then select the “Automatic Repair” feature. In this next window, just select the operating system. It will start the scanning process. After the process finished, just take out the installation media disk and reboot your device.
- Rebuild Boot Configuration Data: For this, Insert the Installation Media disk and then reboot your system. Then you have to press any key to boot from the CD or DVD. Now select the correct time and keyboard type. After this, just select the “Repair your computer” button. In the “Choose an option” window, you have to select the “Troubleshoot” option and then select the “Advanced options” feature. Here you have to select Command Prompt to launch the tool.
Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR in the Command Prompt window.BOOTREC FIXMBR command
Then press the Enter key and Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT > hit Enter to launch the command. After this, type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD and press Enter again. When the process complete, just take out Installation Media from the CD or DVD ROM. Then reboot your computer.
- Run System Restore: First, Insert the Installation Media in your device. Then reboot your system. When your device starts, press any key to boot from the installation media. Just select the correct time and keyboard type. After this, go to “Repair your Computer” and then select “Troubleshoot”. After this, just select “Advanced options” and click on the “System Restore” button. At last, reboot your operating system.
- Disconnect All Peripherals: First you have to Unplug all the devices connected to your PC like your mouse and keyboard. Now, just boot up your device. If your computer boots normally, you have to replace your failed peripherals.
- Run Disk Cleanup: For this, first just go to Start then type Disk Cleanup and launch the tool. After this, select the disk which you want to clean. Now the tool will tell you how much space you can free up. After this, press OK and wait for the process to complete.
- Check Your Hard Drive and remove Installed Software: Sometimes faulty hard drive and recently installed software can also result in error. So, check your hard drive and remove the recently installed software.
This will resolve the error but if you are still facing issue then you can contact the customer care executive of MS Office via office.com/setup any time.